Last Updated: April 2008
Overall References and Travel Tips
This section contains my overall perspectives on trekking and traveling
around the world. I have split it up into chapters you can click at the
navigation bar on the left of this screen. It answers a few common questions
- What kinds of books and websites would you recommend to get me started?
- If I want to buy only a few books on mountaineering, what would you
- I haven't done much trekking, what is it like?
- Do I need to be super fit to trek at high altitude? Will I get sick?
- How can I book a private tour customized to what I want, and can I even
save money over organized tours?
- Do I need to tip my guide, cook and porters, and if so how much?
- Man, I hate bargaining. Do I really have to?
- Do I need to buy an expensive processional camera to take great photos?
- Hey, I've got kids, should I leave them at home, or bring them along?