Updated: October 2011
Buddhist External Links
Some of the sites I check include:
- just might be the best Buddhist website in the world.
It has a large collection of ebooks and articles, a worldwide directory of Buddhist centres, resources for students, and lots of audio files including chants and Dharma talks.
- incredibly detailed contents of the Tipitaka, or Pali canon, for Theravada
Buddhism. Scholars generally agree these are the earliest surviving record of
the Buddha's teachings.
- a very detailed personal website
- full text of the Bodhicaryavatara, the Way of The bodhisattva
- has many links to other Buddhist material on the Web, like Buddhist temples and meditation centres.
- a good information resource from this major Buddhist publisher. I buy many of their books and I read their magazine regularly.
- a good information resource from this excellent Buddhist magazine
There are many informational websites with Buddhist images:
- Dharmapala Thangka Centre
- images and text for thangkas, iconography, and statues, with zoom
capability to look at a portion in detail
- thangka images from artist Andy Weber
- British Museum Images
- a large Buddhist collection.
- an online educational resource with over 30,000 images.
- lots of photos.
- good background, history and current information and links on Tibetan Buddhism. See also
14th Dalai Lama,
eight auspicious symbols,
Here are a few official websites:
- the official site of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
- the official site of Thich Nhat Hanh's Plum Village
- the official site of Robert Thurman
- the Richard Gere Foundation set up to alleviate suffering and help to restore autonomy to the people of Tibet.
Top Of Page